Friday, October 16, 2009

Two views of the world

On Wednesday morning the 14th of October, I was enjoying the last sunny autumn morning for a while - according to the weather forecast. I captured some beautiful colors and reflections; the sun had broken over the low growing shrubs and trees and I was hidden behind some tall ones. To the South, I noticed a grouping of trees that were bare, making some wonderful textures against the clear sky. I started framing a shot, and on the East edge, the sun was making the bottom corner of the frame glow with morning sun. I shot with color film:

091013_2_09 Dancing Trees

I considered the shot as Black and White as well:

091014_1_10 Dancing Trees

The shots are very similar: the birds are in almost the same place in both, they held still while I changed film, the sun hadn't moved much, I didn't take the time to change settings, my feeling was to use average light metering to capture the detail of teh dark areas while possibly losing the clarity of the lightest areas.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment